1185 Avenue of the Americas, Fl 3
New York, NY 10036
Talk To An Attorney Today

(800) 549-5099

Trade Solutions

Currency/Money Seizures

The Currency and Foreign Transaction Reporting Act states that when a person intends to transport, attempt to transport, or causes to be transported (including by mail or other means) currency or other monetary instruments in an aggregate amount exceeding $10,000 or its foreign equivalent at one time from the United States to any foreign country, or into the United States from any foreign country, you must file a report with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP Publication No. 0000-0503). Failure to comply may result in civil and criminal penalties and can lead to forfeiture of your monetary instruments. The firm assists clients in the filing of a petition for a return of the money or monetary instruments.

Dispute Resolution

Generally, all administrative decisions related to international trade and customs issues can be challenged in the court system. Any importer or exporter wishing to challenge a decision by the government must do so in compliance with the statute of limitations for timely adjudication. The firm can represent clients before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the Court of International Trade, and other courts that retain jurisdiction over international trade and Customs matters.

Government Agencies We Work With

© 2018, Abady Law Firm, P.C. Privacy policy

DISCLAIMER: The content of this website has been prepared by the Abady Law Firm, P.C., for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. The material posted on this website is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship, and readers should not act upon it without seeking professional counsel. The Abady Law Firm, P.C., did not produce and is not responsible for the content of off-site legal resources. The materials on this site may constitute advertising under various state ethics rules.